Cleveland National Forest Hunting, Snake info

Macsteve

Jun 23, 2016
Hey guys,
Looking to go hunting in Cleveland national forest. figured I'll try the pine creek wilderness area... I've got some waterproof hiking boots I like and don't want to buy hunting boots right now.

Are the snakes out there bad enough to warrant gaiters?

Macsteve said:
Hey guys,
Looking to go hunting in Cleveland national forest. figured I'll try the pine creek wilderness area... I've got some waterproof hiking boots I like and don't want to buy hunting boots right now.

Are the snakes out there bad enough to warrant gaiters?

Hunted years without them, but for 50-75 bucks, why take the chance.....Worth the piece of mind too.

ps.....San Diego Co. has the largest populations of rattlesnakes in the state of California.

Attachments

• IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    439.7 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Goyaałé
I read somewhere that the cost of a snakebite is around $40,000 to get treated. Sounds like gaiters are cheap.

TonyS said:
I read somewhere that the cost of a snakebite is around $40,000 to get treated. Sounds like gaiters are cheap.

Cost a buddy of mine almost $100,000.00.......20 viles at $5,000.00 per to save his life.

Macsteve said:
I mean..I have health insurance....

Trust me.......It's not just about the money.......grim-reaper-2.gif

ps.....I had snake boots on when I almost stepped on this guy.

Attachments

• turkey hunt 4-19-12 001.JPG
    turkey hunt 4-19-12 001.JPG
    935.3 KB · Views: 26
  • turkey hunt 4-19-12 013.JPG
    turkey hunt 4-19-12 013.JPG
    468.5 KB · Views: 26

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu