CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR

steveo007

Nov 24, 2011
chula vista
went out early saturday to my spot,obviously not early enough, with hunters in every nook and cranny,gobblers sounding off still too dark too see,as the sun came up 4 toms popped up 2 hills over with 2 hunters in between me and the birds,as they worked up the valley feeding got them to respond and was waiting for the 2 hunters to take a shot ,they must have been too far out. The toms started working their way back towards the creek the stopped looking over the gully in my direction my heart started pounding,then they took of and flew over two valleys landing on my hill about 200 yards away,couldn't see them any more and no more gobblin,sat their 2 more hours with no results,oh well better luck next time,but the adrenaline was worth it.

Wow almost! I know that feeling all too well, its hard now to not see another hunter in a good public turkey spot. Mile marker 6 on east grade looked like a swap meet parking lot.

It sounds like where i was hunting i saw a guy to the right of my dekes and then saw a couple of good toms about 300 yards away put a stalk on em with my dad got within range and missed a bird it sounds like it might have been me sorry if messed up your hunt

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu