Closing Weekend

labsrule

Jan 20, 2014
I hunted a private pond just North of Wister on Saturday. It was slow. I picked up 6 and should have had 7 but the shot opportunities were very few. All divers. It was great to get out and the lab did a great job on some monster retrieves. Just too warm with no significant wind. However, it looks like the wind will be up next Saturday which should help us out at SJ's Junior Waterfowl Day. Looks like I will be taking my son, a neice and nephew on a descent draw. Need to start to get ready for Turkey season and fishing.

John

Attachments

• ClosingSaturday.JPG
    ClosingSaturday.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 75
  • RedheadClosingSaturday.JPG
    RedheadClosingSaturday.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 76
I will post pics on Monday. They are on my iPhone. Nice shot of a Drake Red Head.

John

Dude i kill my fair share of ducks. I can't kill a red head to save my life

Nice! Going to miss taking the boys out next weekend. :(
Early season we knock the heck out of the redheads. Only wish we could shoot more than 2.

sat at wister slow but beautiful day in the marsh as always
did allow time to clean up
always clean the blind i hunt but this was the
worst all year a full bag and a big blue broken chair
damn people are slobs

looking foward to next year

Attachments

• jan25.jpg
    jan25.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 83
  • jan25-2.jpg
    jan25-2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 76
I have shot Red Heads the last several seasons. However, they have been at SJ. None at Wister. They are big ducks.

John

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu