Colorado Success

At least when you butcher yourself, you get the cuts you want.

Unfortunately this seems to be true for many butchers. We have an awesome butcher here. You give him an animal and your get your animal back. If you want specific cuts he will make it happen.

Nice, congrats and that’s some of the best meat. You will be eating well for a while.

Reactions: JakeSCH
Very nice, congrats!!! It takes some time even butchering a deer by yourself, elk must be a heck of a job...… :)

Reactions: JakeSCH
Very nice, congrats!!! It takes some time even butchering a deer by yourself, elk must be a heck of a job...… :)

Yeah, it took me about ~15 hours to fully butcher it, which included cutting all steaks, packaging, grinding meat ,etc. It would have taken a lot less time if I would have spent a single day doing it, because doing little by little at night meant I had to spend an hour each night cleaning up.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu