Compound bows for under $400

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
Im 14 and i want to get into bow hunting i can pull a 60 pound draw weight bow does anyone know of a bow thats $400 or less

Bowhunter_619 said:
Check out the Mission Riot. Mission by Matthews has a few bows in this price range.
thanks for the suggestion i looked at em and i liked the ill Probably get one

I'm with buck hunter. Your age and what you are willing to spend, I would look at used. I know I see them regularly for that, especially since it's just your "starter" bow. Good luck

I agree with BuckHunter also. you spend $400 on a brand new bow and you will easily spend another $400 or more on sights, quiver, rest, release, arrows, stabilizer.

Like stated above you will spend more on the accessories, however if your willing to save a little more you can walk out the door about 575. I picked up my 9 year old the Mission Riot due to draw length from 19-30" and draw weight from 15-70lbs; its something he can continue to grow with.

Like Buckhunter and Lungpopper stated if you want $400 total look to go used. If you have patience, skip this year bowhunting and look for used during off season; you will find better deals.

I have patience i wasnt planing on bowhunting thanks for the advive i think ill get the mission riot within the next couple months

I have a Bowtech Soldier.I bought it for my son last Oct. He shot it 4 times and never picked it up again.It is a very nice bow.Its fully loaded and is in mint condition.The dl is 22-29 inches,and the dw is 40-65lbs,its got an 80% let off, ATA is just under 32", I think the IBO speed is 308fps. it has a whisker biskit and 4 pin sight.It is spot on out to 50 yards. Ill throw in 1/2 dozen new PSE Radial X-Weave arrows, and a release too. $395.00. Let me know if your interested and Ill give you first shot at it.Im putting it up for sale next week.

Invisible man said:
I have a Bowtech Soldier.I bought it for my son last Oct. He shot it 4 times and never picked it up again.It is a very nice bow.Its fully loaded and is in mint condition.The dl is 22-29 inches,and the dw is 40-65lbs,its got an 80% let off, ATA is just under 32", I think the IBO speed is 308fps. it has a whisker biskit and 4 pin sight.It is spot on out to 50 yards. Ill throw in 1/2 dozen new PSE Radial X-Weave arrows, and a release too. $395.00. Let me know if your interested and Ill give you first shot at it.Im putting it up for sale next week.

That's a smoken deal !

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu