Concealed Carry Hand Gun

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
What are you carrying and why? Or if you were carryiing what would you be carrying and why? I am gonna pick up a small revolver I am leaning towards the Ruger LCR in 38 Special.

With the new law your governor signed into law, effective Jan. 1, you will need to be very careful where you carry it. No schools, govt. buildings, park, on so on.

What are you carrying and why? Or if you were carryiing what would you be carrying and why? I am gonna pick up a small revolver I am leaning towards the Ruger LCR in 38 Special.
Cant go wrong with the LCR. I chose the .357 version. It is a nice and easy piece to carry and use.

I carry the M&P shield in 9mm. Bought it for CCW in CA. now that i am in OR thinking of changing... Haven't decided yet... may look into the P365X.
I like the reliability of a revolver but the capacity of a semiautomatic.
I have a snub-nosed .38 special my 84 year old grandma gave me that i cant hit shit with out side of 3 yards. I only carry that on formal dates with the wife and family.

Last edited:
Reactions: 180ls1 and TRICER
I have two guns I rotate between for CCW. I have a Glock 19 and a Kahr CW9. The Glock is my daily carry and I use the Kahr when I go hiking or anything athletic because it's lighter and has a smaller footprint. I would like to add a pocket gun and am considering a Ruger LCP. It's not on the California roster but you can pick them up second hand. A friend recently picked up an original LCP for pretty cheap and really likes it.

The big issue, as GunDogLover pointed out, is the new law which basically makes it impossible to CCW just about anywhere. If it were just parks, schools, and libraries it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me since I don't go to any of those. But, the new law makes it illegal to CCW in any private business unless they specifically permit it and post a sign saying they allow CCW. I have yet to see any stores post a sign saying CCW is allowed. I feel confident, as a lawyer, that this law violates the Second Amendment. But it may take a while for it to be overturned by the courts.

Reactions: socalhntr
I have two guns I rotate between for CCW. I have a Glock 19 and a Kahr CW9. The Glock is my daily carry and I use the Kahr when I go hiking or anything athletic because it's lighter and has a smaller footprint. I would like to add a pocket gun and am considering a Ruger LCP. It's not on the California roster but you can pick them up second hand. A friend recently picked up an original LCP for pretty cheap and really likes it.

The big issue, as GunDogLover pointed out, is the new law which basically makes it impossible to CCW just about anywhere. If it were just parks, schools, and libraries it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me since I don't go to any of those. But, the new law makes it illegal to CCW in any private business unless they specifically permit it and post a sign saying they allow CCW. I have yet to see any stores post a sign saying CCW is allowed. I feel confident, as a lawyer, that this law violates the Second Amendment. But it may take a while for it to be overturned by the courts.
My understanding is it was ruled unconstitutional...but yet is still somehow in effect. just like the ammo background check. I don't get how this is possible

Have you shot one?

What has worked well for me, my wife, and my sister is going to the local range and renting/shooting ($10/per, sometimes free) all the pistols I am interested in. Then I buy the best fit. Funny enough, we've never bought the one we thought we would based on reading about them and handling them at the counter. I would highly recommend that process.

I carry a 43X I like it but I still would like something a tad smaller. I've held the 365 SAS with a flat top and no external sights its pretty slick.

As a firearms instructor and I carry it, I would recommend any version of the sig p365. Great gun, concealable and awesome capacity and reliability.

Reactions: TRICER
Ruger SR9c for me, I'm reluctant to change because I bought it the day I turned 21 so I'm sentimental.

Also have a Seecamp .32 for deep concealment but ammo is hard to find

A .38 revolver is a great reliable setup, can’t go wrong with that. Had a 357 revolver for many years as a sidearm. A semi in a 9mm platform is widely viewed as the answer for most. 9mm ammo has advanced so much ballistically over the years, is widely available in varying specs, generally lighter triggers than revolvers, and the semi offers more capacity than a revolver. My EDC is a subcompact 9mm semi. In the field, I only carry a 10mm semi w/a couple of 16 round mags.

All personal preference stuff so keep us posted. Your .38 revolver is a long standing solid setup.

I wonder how long it will take Newsom and his liberals cronies to come up with another way to infringe on our 2nd amendment rights.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu