cool new product for decoy rigging

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
I am the last guy that bites on a new duck hunting product but this one got me. They offered to help us with our wounded warrior hunt and that was very very cool but check out what they figured out for decoy rigging! Its about as slick as it gets for skinny water hunters.

A slightly better mouse trap IMO.....It's basically the same idea as Texas rigging without the cord stopper......I like it as long as the cord doesn't lose it's friction to keep the weight up near the decoy.....Good idea offering the 3 oz weight.

Cost?

Yep, texas rig with built in depth adjuster. Like Steve said, it's a slik idea as long as the depth adjuster doesn't wear out. http://www.duknutz.com/shop.php Looks like they're ~$27 a dozen -- which puts them about the same price as Rig'Em Right texas rigs. I might pick up a dozen just to try em out -- Was planning on adding depth adjusters to my current texas rigs anyway.

Awesome they are sponsoring your event! Innovative that is for sure! As FP said, overtime I would be worry about the mechanism wearing out.

I do not "Texas rig" per se as I believe that involves loops at the ends and heavy mono line with crimps. Been there, done that.

I run tanglefree clear line only. Egg sinker and a depth adjuster. No wrapping up, no tangles in bag, and adjust for depth. No issues in freezing weather. Has to be tanglefree though, all other brands break.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nick......What your doing is what I've been calling "Texas Rigging" for a long time.....I actually was talking to Dave Berkeley one day (owner of Feather Flex decoys) years ago and how to anchor them.....I came up with the idea of putting a grommet in the head.....He came up with the idea of the cord adjuster with weight....The Texas rigging name basically came from the same idea as fishing with a Texas rig.....Sliding weight.

And your right about TangleFree cord.....It's really the only one that will do the job right (soft & doesn't break).

ps......Do like their idea......Will buy some 3 oz'ers just because......lol

.cords 002.JPG

Steve,

I agree. I call it Texas rigging too, but it confusing some people who buy the store bought kits without the adjusters. They work off the carabiner and the loops in the line.

Those are made for club guys who walk straight to the barn and hang them up. They are a tangled mess if you do it any other way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My club friends just leave their decoys out all season........They use para cord & spark plugs for weights........lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu