Coot recipes??

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
So a buddy and I hunted Barrett for the first time yesterday... I got bored during a lull so I smashed a couple of coot, 2 on 1 shot actually. Haha. I breasted them out along with some ruddys.. Anyone know what to do with the coot (besides giving them to the dog)? Any coot-cooking-competition recipes?

I cooked up some for my friends on some didn't get any complaints. They thought it was duck ha ha

It was my first time at Barrett so I'm not sure I can judge... But everyone else out that day (this past Wed) said it was pretty dead besides the ruddies flying. We had blind 8 and had a few sets fly by but we couldn't convince em to sit by our decoys. The lake was pretty low too. Saw a bald eagle circling the lake.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu