coots?

outdoordave

Jul 5, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Headed out today and didn't see anything but three coots. I am new to waterfowling and since it wasn't on my list of things to take I left them alone. I had no cell reception to look it up. I was just reading an article that says coots raid other ducks nest.
Question is, do you shoot coots, if so what do you do with them?

Last time I checked the limit was twenty five, As with any game it must be collected and utilized. Some of the Cwa boys used to put on coot shoot at Otay lake years ago, Never tasted one.

I cooked a bunch for my friends told them it was duck didn't get any complaints. Also don't think they had ever eatin duck befor. Did end up cooking duck for them later and they said it was better then last time. Hahahahaha drink my beer all the time for free and i will get you

Sdbirds said:
I cooked a bunch for my friends told them it was duck didn't get any complaints. Also don't think they had ever eatin duck befor. Did end up cooking duck for them later and they said it was better then last time. Hahahahaha drink my beer all the time for free and i will get you

LOL,,,, Good stuff Johny. By the way I'm never going to your house to eat Duck. ;)

They are less than tasty. But like anything, with enough of this and that you can make them edible.

NBK said:
They are less than tasty. But like anything, with enough of this and that you can make anything edible.

Thats right. You could wrap a cat turd in bacon and make it taste good!

ok, if you are gonna bring bacon in then I'll shoot em all! Wrap coot in bacon, grille, remove bacon, serve coot to friends that drink all your beer, eat bacon yourself. Got it ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu