Cottontail cacciatore

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
d9630c26973a62aec77ab480da7e437e.jpg

Realizing that I had quite a few cottontails hanging out in the freezer since opener, I made a big batch of cacciatore out of em. My recipe usually flies by the seat of my pants but here's a rundown:

Dredge rabbit in flour, brown and remove. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, carrot and some red wine to deglaze bits from bottom of pot. Season with salt pepper and italian herbs and add 1 large can of whole tomatoes with juice, crushed by hand. Put rabbit back in pot, mix up and let simmer for 45 mins. If its not covered enough in liquid u can add chicken stock or water. Then add mushrooms, black olives, and capers. After about an hour of simmering youre good.. I like it with rice, pasta, potatoes or crusty bread.

Very nice SurfNHuntSD. Thanks for sharing. Looks delicious.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu