Couple of swine

TaftHunter

I hunt a lot
Nov 17, 2012
Taft
The 22-250 barks again.
0db6436d8b57d2f2f4c7e870215e4d9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strong work taft. We're you out looking for pigs, or just stumble upon some? How did the 22-250 perform? What ammo and distance were you shorting?

Strong work taft. We're you out looking for pigs, or just stumble upon some? How did the 22-250 perform? What ammo and distance were you shorting?

Yeah i was. It did great, 2nd and 3rd pig I've killed with it. Barnes tsx, the black one was like 100 yards and the white/black one was around 150 or so.

That's awesome. Head/neck shots, or where you aiming for vitals?
The property I hunt on has a few coyotes and bobcats and pigs intermittently. I always hesitate to bring my 22-250 out and go with the trusty 30.06 incase I run across a pig. I think you just changed my mind.

That's awesome. Head/neck shots, or where you aiming for vitals?
The property I hunt on has a few coyotes and bobcats and pigs intermittently. I always hesitate to bring my 22-250 out and go with the trusty 30.06 incase I run across a pig. I think you just changed my mind.

I hit the black one in the lungs, but he was still kicking around so I finished him off with one to the head, I've been charged before so I don't mess around anymore lol.
The white one was a head shot.

Nice job plenty of meat for you this year between all those deer shot and now the pigs ! Congrats.

Thanks guys! Hopefully I can find some time to go look for a bear before season ends!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu