Cow Elk Success

Was your tag good for a bull as well? Or just a cow ?

I wish it was a either sex tag! I got closer to those bulls in the photo than the cow I shot. It was a CO late season tag (season is the entire month of December).

Reactions: baboltin
Well done! Love the cow hunts. What rifle/caliber were you shooting

Well done! Love the cow hunts. What rifle/caliber were you shooting

I used my CA Mesa Ti in 300 WM, shooting the 181 gr Hammers at 3150 fps - all items bought from fine firearms! I had brought my 6.5 PRC but ended up leaving that rifle in the truck because I have not performed any cold weather testing on RL26 and was not certain how that would impact my muzzle velocity.

Reactions: NBK
Very nice, congrats! Just curious, what distance were the bulls at when you took the photo? Looks like you're zoomed in, but almost every one is looking directly at you. Always amazed at how aware of their surroundings that animals are...….

Very nice, congrats! Just curious, what distance were the bulls at when you took the photo? Looks like you're zoomed in, but almost every one is looking directly at you. Always amazed at how aware of their surroundings that animals are...….

I had already spooked the bulls trying to get on a few cows and pushed them up the hill where they stopped at 500 yards and looked back. They paused there for at least 10 minutes watching us. Took photo holding my phone and 9x bino.

I had already spooked the bulls trying to get on a few cows and pushed them up the hill where they stopped at 500 yards and looked back. They paused there for at least 10 minutes watching us. Took photo holding my phone and 9x bino.
Cool.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu