Coyote Down

Thanks, it was his first one he ever shot at and he connected. I called it in for him. He was so excited he thought he missed. When we got up to him I never seen one die before with all four paws in the air. He hit it right int he chest.

Freakin' Awesome!!! Congrats to your nephew on bringing down his first coyote, and kudos to you for taking him. :)

shayes11 said:
Nice shot! What caliber is he shooting?

He was shooting one of my .30-06's with barnes tsx. As usual even with the great penetration there was very little exit wound. I have lost too many hogs and coyotes this year to the lead free rounds. Even with proper placement they still sometimes get away.

Awesome job getting the young man in on the coyote!

As far as the Barnes are concerned, I have shot 99% of all my game with an X bullet and have experienced nothing but amazing results! Wouldn't trade it for lead if I had to. But hey, everyone's mileage varies on this subject.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu