Coyote Hunting

New hunter

Oct 21, 2011
I'm looking to hunt near Jamul for coyote. I have BLM maps and talked to Border Patrol about the areas that they have hunters in. I was told by Border Patrol that they have hunters in Sycamore Canyon all the time. On the BLM map it's near the Otay wildlife management area and on the white area of the map. I went to Fish and Game and they couldn't give me any information about the area. Samething happened when I talked to BLM and Forest Service. If anyone can give me any info about the area it would help me alot.
Thanks

I know of one area that is legal, it's on the corner of 94 and Honeysprings road(I think). You should see signs posted in the parking lot, I called 3 yotes there couple years back.

Tim, thats hollenback canyon. Its only open to archery and shotguns.... yotes and birds only.

There are lots of yote's there. Use a shotgun with a load of number 4 buckshot and full choke......your good to go!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu