Crossbow Hunting Tips?

YETI

May 14, 2019
San Diego
As some of you know, I have a very jacked up neck (C3-7 laminectomy with fusion) and two major shoulder surgeries. As a result, I'm very limited in the draw weight department and the number of arrows I can shoot. Right now I'm shooting about 45# and about 30 arrows per week. I didn't feel this was going to put me in a good position for archery hunting so I went to my doctor and applied for a disabled archer permit. I received it in the mail a couple of weeks ago and ordered a crossbow, an Excalibur Micro 360 TD Pro. It should be here this week. **knocks on wood**

I've watched a few videos on Youtube but it seem they're mostly focused on dudes hunting whitetail out of stands. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for hunting mulies with a crossbow? If anyone has hunted mule deer with a crossbow and is willing to chat, the beer's on me.

TIA

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu