Custom load's & and reloading consultation?

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Pondering the possibility of helping others with custom reloads (copper and lead), general reloading etc. (basics up to advanced) Sort of consulting/hands on approach with folks who may need help or want to work up custom loads for their rifles etc.

I know there is a ton of info on the web but having someone physically help or show the ropes seems like it would be more helpful. Range workup is always important as well.

Was hoping to get some feedback from this community.

on
Pondering the possibility of helping others with custom reloads (copper and lead), general reloading etc. (basics up to advanced) Sort of consulting/hands on approach with folks who may need help or want to work up custom loads for their rifles etc.

I know there is a ton of info on the web but having someone physically help or show the ropes seems like it would be more helpful. Range workup is always important as well.

Once I get past my curreent chores I'm gonna hold you to that ...

Are you considering running a class or just help people as they ask?

Pretty cool! Lol you can call the sub division of your company "Fine Munitions", have people load up on hammers.

I would definitely been interested a year or so ago when I started. I had a lot of hesitation going from youtube / articles / this forum to making it happen in person.

Also from a business perspective...it would help to get people comfortable using the gear / tools that you sell. Sell them the equipment and teach them...maybe have it be a package deal

I have helped a few friends get started. I basically loaded 10 rounds with them start to finish. Then told them to go to town on my equipment. However most of them lost interest and never continued. Most people don't realize what it takes to make precision rifle loads

Reactions: Josh S.

The help you have given me through my journey down this deep rabbit hole of reloading has been consequential. YouTube videos are nice to learn information but being able to speak with someone face to face that has experience is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I am sure it would generate a lot of interest from people that would like to get into reloading but are intimidated to do so or unsure of where/how to start.

My .02

I wish there were reloading classes when I started. I spent a ton of time online and reading to figure everything out.

I think having a small class, with different levels of curriculum would be ideal. One on one with guys I think sounds great on paper, I think it would be tough to translate into consistent success. Ultimately the instructors success is limited to the skill set of the customer. I would hate to charge a guy how to work up a good load for his rifle, and then find out he can’t shoot or he has a mechanical issue with his rifle. Not to be a stick in the mud on your idea, just my 2 cents I think a small class with a set curriculum would be ideal.

I think having a small class, with different levels of curriculum would be ideal. One on one with guys I think sounds great on paper, I think it would be tough to translate into consistent success. Ultimately the instructors success is limited to the skill set of the customer. I would hate to charge a guy how to work up a good load for his rifle, and then find out he can’t shoot or he has a mechanical issue with his rifle. Not to be a stick in the mud on your idea, just my 2 cents I think a small class with a set curriculum would be ideal.

I understand where you're coming from but that describes a percentage of every type of class ever taught. Everyone who takes the same class will not benefit equally.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I took a reloading class that was two parts and worked well for me to get going. It was like 4 hours in a small group setting going over the basics, nomenclature and theories behind reloading. Then I did 4 hours one on one building up actual loads for my rifle from the beginning. I learned so damn much from the hands on portion that I wouldn’t have just sitting in a classroom. I’m order to make it more cost effective for the instructor I had to bring dies, cases, bullets and primers. He had all the different types of powders I needed based on conversations about what I wanted to build. I would do that all again in a heartbeat from a different instructor like NBK as they’re probably doing a few things differently as instructors.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu