Cutting Edge Bullet company

SoCalHunter

Apr 10, 2011
Has anyone reloaded with bullets made by Cutting Edge Bullet company? I guess they make lead free bullets.

Yes I shoot them in my 223 and 243 WSSM. Great bullets and are on the California approved list for lead-free ammo/bullets. You ready to take your hunting or shooting to the next leave? These are it!

John,

The Cutting Edge Bullets are very similar to the old "Lost River Ballistics" bullets. I am going to try some of the .30 165 gr. MTH_C49 bullets in my 300WSM.

The MTH_G06 .264 Cal. /6.5mm - 120 gr - 50 ct MTH- Match/Tactical/Hunting looks interesting too. As well as the MTH_J07 .284 Cal. /7mm - 155 gr - 50 ct MTH- Match/Tactical/Hunting.

Lost River, haven't heard that name in awhile, If I remember correctly they were bought out by another manufacturer. The idea with them was that they open mechanically making the density or hardness of the target less important so that no matter what was struck the bullet would expand to a lethal size and produce deep penetration as well. Anybody have experience with Lost River or Cutting Edge?

All of my bull elk were shot with the J36 Lost River 200 grain .338's. Amazing stuff!

Lost River Ballistic had closed its doors because of a law suit concerning some work done to their facility etc. I believe that Hooker Tactical bought, or took over, or changed names from Lost River and is currently producing bullets. I've never dealt with either and don't know specifics.

It sucks because my opinion was they were the best long range hunting bullets ever produced!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu