Cutting edge bullets

Randomshot

Feb 12, 2012
Lakeside, CA
I decided to give some cutting edge bullets a try and found a load that printed very well. Using the 200grn .338 MTH (.570BC) being push by RL22 I shot these two groups. I haven't ran the load through the chrono since I was mostly working up loads for pressure signs but the groupings are promising.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    676.1 KB · Views: 42
Those are great groups. I can't wait to see what velocity that big RUM is pushing those 200's. Should be a long range killer in your rifle!

It was a light load and I'm only expecting around 3050 on it. Even so it should carry out to the mid 1500s before going subsonic. I might play with the load some more but not until I mount my new vortex on it. I think with a little higher power and a scope level I might be able to improve on these groups.

Great groups Jon. Are you using a muzzle brake, or do you know a good shoulder surgeon?

Have some of these on the way. If they do what I think they will do I can stay supersonic to 1,600 yards. Well actually 1,560.
Looking forward to playing with them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu