D-16 meat buck

Irvine

Oct 28, 2011
Started this morning in an area that didn't really have much activity and the wind was blowing like 20 so we moved to a completely different area. We were at it again around four and immediately I spotted a bedded deer. It was too far to tell if it had head gear or not so I slowly worked my way down to get a look when I kicked up a good buck at about 40 yards. It looked like a nice 3x heavy antlered buck but it kept the brush between us as it went over the ridge and didn't offer a shot. I called my buddy on the radio and told him a good buck was coming his way as I slowly circled around to the other side. After glassing for a few minutes two doe and a fawn come over the ridge with a buck following. It all happend so fast and they were almost out of view so I took the shot and the buck ran off about 100 yards and I lost him in the brush. I was sure I missed so I just sat there trying to think what I should of done different and how I blew it. After 15 min. Of kicking my own a!? I got up and took a look over and found him where he disappeared. It wasn't the bigger buck I saw earlier but it will do and I have another d-16.
30:06 150 grain nosler balistic tip. 196 yards.

Attachments

• image.jpg_thumb - Copy.png
    image.jpg_thumb - Copy.png
    978.5 KB · Views: 220
I have two D16 tags too. Just purchased over the counter after August 2nd.

Irvine said:
Started this morning in an area that didn't really have much activity and the wind was blowing
Just ran into your buddy in the dodge diesel. "Ole Smokey"!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu