D11 apprentice hunt coming up

fraginator

Nov 20, 2013
Oak Hills
My son and I scouted the hell out of D14 leading up to the general season. But because of my work travel schedule we had only 3 days to hunt and were not successful. Despite that I'm very happy because we got to know D14 and found some great spots. Silly mistakes were all that stopped us. Next year there are some deer out there in serious trouble.

But, I'm a dumbass. I also put in for a J13 apprentice tag (in D11) for my son thinking it would be cool to hunt a different zone, and he drew. Problem is we will have just one day to scout. I'm not looking for handouts. I'd just like to know if I'm wasting my time starting at Wrightwood and heading east along Hwy 2. Is there any good trail access from there?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu