D12 questions

Johngray361

Nov 12, 2018
Well I got drawn for d12, I've been doing a little research but was just seeing if anyone can throw some crumbs. I know getting out there and scouting is gonna be the first response I get, but at the moment i am in Japan, but will be back soon. Just was curious if anyone can point me in a good direction to start. Thanks guys.

John,

Tough hunt, tough country...I've only hunted the north end (Orocopia's) of the zone with a friend...We saw does, but never a buck in daylight hours...Lots of barren steep mountains, arroyos, and rock...There's some great bucks along the Colorado River, but don't know if they're not mostly on the Arizona side...Many years ago, I had a friend shoot a beauty east of Niland & the Highline...Vast area.

.2010-09-14 18-12-13 M 03_03.jpgwister 11-24-10 013.JPGwister 11-24-10 032.JPGpheasant,dove,deer nov 10-14 007.JPGpheasant,dove,deer nov 10-14 009.JPGIMG_7590.JPGtrail cam desert 1744.JPG

Vehicle traffic/access is limited by bombing range and many designated wilderness areas.
Rules we have to play by; and the deer don't .
They are the true ghosts of the desert.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu