D12, why is it a premium tag?

I never knew how that was determined. Thanks for the info
It might be July 2 for the premium designation and August 2 for the restricted designation. Been a few years since I looked at that. It’s in the big game book though.

Reactions: ilovesprig
It might be July 2 for the premium designation and August 2 for the restricted designation. Been a few years since I looked at that. It’s in the big game book though
Either way. I was shocked to see that it was a premium tag. I was talking to a friend who works out there quite a bit, and said he knew where there were deer, and I still only have 1 tag for deer, and was gonna go buy one, and lo and behold it wasn't available. Thanks for all the info. Very much appreciated.

Reactions: Kellendv
Either way. I was shocked to see that it was a premium tag. I was talking to a friend who works out there quite a bit, and said he knew where there were deer, and I still only have 1 tag for deer, and was gonna go buy one, and lo and behold it wasn't available. Thanks for all the info. Very much appreciated.
Where about does he work? within a 1 mile radius will be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
Full disclosure, the unit isn't what it used to be.

That could all change with good rain for a few years. I guess the same could be said for our local ones.

They are still out there. I started scouting the unit in 2021 and my trail cams have captured some great animals. I only see them show up during certain time of the year and disappear but I'm still trying to figure where they are during the hunting season.

Reactions: WrstDuckHntr

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu