D13 Scouting/Hunting

bobbaka

Nov 18, 2018
Matt,

Welcome to SCH...I used to see deer while pigeon hunting near Mt Pinos, Frazier Park, and Tukuya (sp) Ridge...Good luck & thank you for your service.
Hi,
Would mind sharing the locations that would be good for pigeon hunting? I'm new to hunting and I know you guys don't share. But, I think, there are more than enough pigeons in the sky for all of us.

805country

Oct 3, 2019
Hi,
Would mind sharing the locations that would be good for pigeon hunting? I'm new to hunting and I know you guys don't share. But, I think, there are more than enough pigeons in the sky for all of us.
If you are looking for Band-Tailed Pigeons I've seen them off of Lockwood Valley Rd and near Ojai on private property in the past, but it has been a while since I was looking for them. In Lockwood valley, Dry Canyon is currently closed to the public until 10/21/2020. Also just because they are there one time they may not be there the next. The other tough side to hunting Band-Tailed Pigeons is the season is only 9 days long after the 3rd Saturday in December. The best way to find the birds is to get out and hike and glass.

Reactions: longbowhunter2