D13

Don't quote me on this, but I've heard (on this site and elsewhere) that because of the gov't shutdown, a lot of public land is getting closed off.

A lot of access to D13 is controlled by the big yellow forestry gates. My understanding is that some, if not all, of those could be closed. Unless you know of private land, or have access points other than forestry roads, you may want to think of some backup plans.

Again, don't quote me on that, but its just something to consider...

I won't be up there this weekend because I'm flying to Texas for the Cowboys game. I'll hit it up first thing Tuesday morning. I'll let you guys know if there's any issues with access that evening unless you're up there before me. It'd be kinda nice if they did shut some of it down. It would keep all the weekend warriors and ate riders from spooking all the game. Walking a few extra miles in a day when I'll probably put in 20 anyways won't kill me.

There are many roads up there that have no gates so you should have no problem finding a spot to hunt regardless if they shut any gates. But I doubt any gates will be shut

thanks guys i heard they have closed some area down but you can still hike in an hunt. i was up there this saturday no luck at all :( need help any tips ? wanna get my first buck an fill in my tag

squidy said:
thanks guys i heard they have closed some area down but you can still hike in an hunt. i was up there this saturday no luck at all :( need help any tips ? wanna get my first buck an fill in my tag

Find some water hunt around it and be super quiet

ive hiked everywhere an i cant not find water am i at the wrong location or something ?@tafthunter be my guided bro lol

squidy said:
ive hiked everywhere an i cant not find water am i at the wrong location or something ?@tafthunter be my guided bro lol

Pm me and I can hook you up with a couple spot

I am fairly new to the area but I am hittin D13 as we speak! No luck so far and no water but I did actually spot a shooter. I know its crazy but I saw one...All joking aside next year i am going to backpack in somewhere remote. Way too many people up here.

Very nice Richard. Glad you had some help with you that day huh!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu