D14 blown opportunity!

3006Daddy

Aug 10, 2012
So after three weeks I finally found a promising place to post up and wait. It was a clearing in between to washes. A good trail and plenty of berry bushes as I hear the bear heading towards the trail that leads to a water source. The Max shot I would have to take was about 75 yards. I could hear the bear snorting and breathing turning rocks over. I have to say that was the first time I have listened to a bear in the wild. My heart rate raced up and I was anticipating to see the brute. Then to my dismay hikers and a whole group of them marching just west of my location talking and yelling at one another.I could hear the bear in a full sprint at least it sounded like it down the hill. O waited another couple of.hours and nothing. Damn hikers if you want to make noise stay home. Don't go out in to nature especially off the trails and act like its a party. Jeez. Sorry for venting guys!

Bummer...go back. He has more than likely been around humans etc.

3006Daddy said:
Do you guys think it would be wise to try that area again?

I think so. If the area has trails regularly traveled by hikers, its no secret to the animals that humans are present. Doesn't mean they aren't afraid of humans. Several of the areas I hunt, I access by heavily used trails. I always see tracks and sign on those trails. I would probably get off the trail and find a high place to glass from. That way you may be able to glass several hundred yards.....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu