D14 opener coming up. Who is going to be out there?

I will say it was the best opening weekend ever when it comes to weather I had a 2x2 on Sunday but could not take the shot hopefully I get another chance later in the season.

been there two weekends in a row. lots of shots fired opening day...in the rain! this past weekend, i saw a couple other hunters both with 2x2's. i've seen some spikes and a ton of does. since this is my first season deer hunting, I suppose i don't know what "busy" is, but it seems okay to me. Yes, I see other hunters, usually distance away. I was hiking, glassing, and at times, driving to other spots and looking while i was driving. a friend I was following in my truck spotted a buck while driving. we stopped and tried to stalk/chase it down. no go. not bad though. having a blast just being out, but hoping I can get one in the next two weekends. i can't make the last weekend.

and yes, rained like crazy opening day. from Friday at 11 p.m. thru Sat until about 3 p.m.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu