D14

We we're in there last week for three days. Saw a ton of great sign Thursday and Friday but just could catch up to anything. Saturday the whole area was swarming with other hunters. Didn't hear a single shot go off

Well that sucks I'm looking into hunting up there next fall by the time I was a resident here in ca all the tags were gone. It's hard for me to justify going to co this fall as a nonresident just hard to pay that fee after living there my whole life but all my guide buddies are scoring with their hunters and my family is all raging out with bulls so I'm jealous! My daughter and I are leaving on a deer and hog hunt in tx in two weeks can't stand watch from the sidelines any more so we are going to chase some Muleys, whitetai, and some hogs!! Good luck to you guys and hope run into a few of you out in the field chasing dime predators this winter and turkey's in the spring.

Been away from the forums for awhile, its a late post but I did snatch a deer in the opening last year in d14. I dont have plans of going back to d14, im going to try d19 this year.

Attachments

• IMAG0236.jpg
    IMAG0236.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 52
Nice job putting that old lever gun to work Westside! I wish you luck in D19. Please keep us posted on your progress up through your anticipated harvest!

And don't be a stranger... ;D

Thank You NBK!

Took the 2x2 with my 45-70, Its my favorite rifle and I will be using it again this year.

I will be around more often, been going through some interesting times since the last post I made about scouting d14.

Lots of deer in D19 but most of the good ones are on non hunt able land.. speaking of D19 the DF&W or what ever we call it now, did a survey about removing the game preserve or at lest opening it up to hunting anyone every hear the out come of that ??

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu