d16 bbd hard earned

wackums back

Nov 6, 2013
Had to break out the gun but got er done. Nobody panic I'm not in the competition. 338 yards with pops old 3006 model 70 featherlight. 180 npt over 57.5 gr imr 4350 was absolutely devastating.

Attachments

• IMG_20131104_182050_986.jpg
    IMG_20131104_182050_986.jpg
    895.9 KB · Views: 54
Sure was bittersweet but accomplishing at the same time. That is the last brushbusting the old model 70 will endure. She's a safe queen now. Might break her out for a special occasion out of state now. I'll tell you what's even more accomplishing is bringing home my prize and showing it to aubri and she already goes " buck,buck daddy's buck" grabs the rack,smiles and runs and gives me a big hug and kiss then proceeds to walk me around the house and point out all the bucks and ducks on the walls. Passing my passion on to her means more than any kill ever will. I can't wait till she can pull the trigger .

wackums back said:
Sure was bittersweet but accomplishing at the same time. That is the last brushbusting the old model 70 will endure. She's a safe queen now. Might break her out for a special occasion out of state now. I'll tell you what's even more accomplishing is bringing home my prize and showing it to aubri and she already goes " buck,buck daddy's buck" grabs the rack,smiles and runs and gives me a big hug and kiss then proceeds to walk me around the house and point out all the bucks and ducks on the walls. Passing my passion on to her means more than any kill ever will. I can't wait till she can pull the trigger .

I remember when my kids were that age. It only gets better.

Congrats on the nice buck!

Fantastic buck you got there!!

My child likes it when I bring home what I've hunted too and I hope to be able to pass on what I've learned, and continue to learn to her so that I can be there for her first time in the field.

Congrats on success and a great buck! :)

Great looking buck wackum. It is awesome how you feel when your child starts enjoying your passion for hunting. Everytime time son sees a deer now he makes sure to point it out to me.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Beautiful buck. Nice shooting and carrying/passing on your dad's tradition.

Nice job Wackum! Can't wait till my little boy does stuff like that!

Nice buck!!!
When my kids were that size I use to give them each a hammer, and their job was to smack any ticks that came off while I cut it up.
Good times :)

Good deer bud. Good Picts to. So where is the barbecue at. I'll bring the beer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu