D16 Deer Numbers: Archery Vs Rifle.

Locally, do you see more deer during archery or rifle?

• Archery, significantly more

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Archery, a little more

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • About the same

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Rifle, a little more

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Rifle, significantly more

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Significantly more during rifle....The rut is in full swing....Bucks I never see, show up, and does are hot to trot as well...Now, it could well be I'm out MUCH more during the rifle season... :blush:

ps...On the best "40" it has a lot to do with when the fruit and acorns start falling as well.....;)

134.JPG

Reactions: 180ls1
I was listening to a podcast the other day and the guy was saying if you have multiple years worth of pictures from cams in the same spot you will notice the big bucks show up the same dates every year, and they will continue that pattern through that small area, but may be miles away a week later or before Since the does are going into heat at different times in the larger area, the bucks have formed a loop in the order the does go into heat.

Sure enough i went back and looked at the last 3 years of camera photos and the big boys have shown up within the same three day window every year in my drainage.

Going to test the theory this year, will let
you know how it goes.

I was listening to a podcast the other day and the guy was saying if you have multiple years worth of pictures from cams in the same spot you will notice the big bucks show up the same dates every year, and they will continue that pattern through that small area, but may be miles away a week later or before Since the does are going into heat at different times in the larger area, the bucks have formed a loop in the order the does go into heat.

Sure enough i went back and looked at the last 3 years of camera photos and the big boys have shown up within the same three day window every year in my drainage.

Going to test the theory this year, will let
you know how it goes.

That would be pretty cool. I heard a guy on a youtube hunt say the same thing. Keep us updated if you can confirm that this year.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu