D16 Euro mount finished

Nice. Still has the bone in the nostrils. Did you use bugs ?
Low boil 3 times with a low pressure wash in between. Followed by a few weeks degreasing and a bath of plain drugstore hydrogen peroxide.

Slow going but I saw some guys on YouTube just blowing their skulls apart with rolling boils and super high pressure washing and didn’t want to do that.

It looks great. The Euro mounts are not for me though...
If I was to get a deer I'd like to see in my house often, I think I would prefer a shoulder mount.

It looks great. The Euro mounts are not for me though...
If I was to get a deer I'd like to see in my house often, I think I would prefer a shoulder mount.
Wife doesn’t like taxidermy. Since I also like skulls, this was the best option for me. :D

Don’t get me wrong I like taxidermy fine but I find there’s something elegant about skulls. They’re clean and simple. For an animal with beautiful fur/patterns like some of the African antelope, I’d definitely have to do a shoulder mount.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu