D16 trailbike bust

steveo007

Nov 24, 2011
chula vista
been checking out this place on google earth,headed out friday morning met a couple of hunters at the trail head they were not going in my direction good. hiked a good 2 miles in no one around this is great found a nice spot on top of hillside overlooking a nice draw that leads to a big valley this looks like a good spot. after 2 hours of glassing i can hear some motorcycles in the distance,they got louder and louder, oh great their headed right for me. when they got close i waved them over " awe is it hunting season" i explained yes it is, and also your not supposed to leaved the main road they appologized and left the way they came, oh well leason learned, " not everyone follows the rules", better luck next time!

.20161111_060916.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Public land. You hike in quietly set up, then some dude with a motor drives right by you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

been checking out this place on google earth,headed out friday morning met a couple of hunters at the trail head they were not going in my direction good. hiked a good 2 miles in no one around this is great found a nice spot on top of hillside overlooking a nice draw that leads to a big valley this looks like a good spot. after 2 hours of glassing i can hear some motorcycles in the distance,they got louder and louder, oh great their headed right for me. when they got close i waved them over " awe is it hunting season" i explained yes it is, and also your not supposed to leaved the main road they appologized and left the way they came, oh well leason learned, " not everyone follows the rules", better luck next time!

.View attachment 28908
I like your setup. good getting out

Would be singing a different tune if the bike would have busted a big buck in your direction. The joys of public land hunting.

I saw it happen I AZ last year. I was high glassing for Javelina a bike went by I was pissed. Then all of a sudden a big Muley buck and some does stood up out of nowhere.

Reactions: steveo007
I belive the motorcycles and quads do not bother the deer or affect their movement. I have seen deer stand there as bikes ride by. They may stop and look for second but if the rider keeps going they go back to business as usual. It is when the rider stops when they seem to spook. Like some one said they can also move deer around for you at times. Looks like a good area. Most riders dont show up till after 9am or later that I usually see. The big Buck will come at day break through there. I say give it a chance next season.

Reactions: Bonejour and xjon

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu