D16 unrestricted this year?

nevermind, just read sprigs reply in the thread below

"Welcome to SCH.......Let's start with an AO tag.......You can get it at anytime and it's "archery only" in any of the SoCal D zones including D-16......A D-16 tag can be bought over the counter as well. I haven't seen the new format, but historically you could buy 2 D-16 tags......You can use one in the archery portion & one in the rifle, if you want.......To start to get points, you can put in for say, G-3 (Goodale Hunt) 1st choice, A-22 (archery San Diego, either sex) 2nd choice, and a D-16, 3rd choice......Lots of combos......Go on line and read the new regs and deer choices......Good luck."

I only hunt SD county so I put in for A-22. Can not buy D-16 till it goes OTC. It is a restricted tag this year is what I was told down at the office.

Asrcpp223 said:
just bought my d16 tag for my first tag, no problems. just a dumb noobie question. This allows me to hunt D16 during archery and general correct?

Correct! One common point of confusion though is when the actual archery season is. It always (at least as long as I have been buying tags) starts on the first Saturday in September and runs for 23 consecutive days. A lot of people confuse the D16 archery season with the A22 tag/season which is a completely different tag.

They changed D-16 to restricted ??? crap that defiantly throws a wrench in my plans :'( shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what do y'all think ? is it going to sell out before august? if i apply for A22 ? Im pissed lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu