D16 unrestricted this year?

Jdrivsd619

Train Hard. Hunt Harder.
Feb 6, 2015
Jamul
Since D16 is unrestricted this year does this mea it still going to take a place on my tag application? For example: do i just go and buy a d16 then make my three choices on my application or does the d16 have to be one of the three choices on my application ?

Im really just trying to understand all this terminology and regulations for applying and what i can and cannot do....

My ideal deer application looks like G13, D16, A22 but if i can get a d16 without putting it on the application i would go G13, A22, D12

But I have a feeling I'm going to have to include the D16 in my draw choices......

Help please

If I'm not mistaken......You could put your 3 picks on your application and if you don't get drawn for any of the 3. Then you could buy your D-16 OTC, if there's still some available.

I'll be doing the A-22 and D-16 draw.

ilovesprig said:

A-22 and D-16 are going to be your first and second choices? is it possible to draw both tags at the same time?

i might be picking this stuff to death..... its just tough to get an understanding and I am desperately trying to increase my odds ......... I'm over being unsuccessful lol

plus I want to stick something with my new bow and and rifle !!!!!!

Jdrivsd619 said:
ilovesprig said:

A-22 and D-16 are going to be your first and second choices? is it possible to draw both tags at the same time?

No.....If I get my 1st choice (A-22), then I won't get the D-16....It would to be purchased OTC.

ok so if i go G13, A-22, D-16 since i have no preference points i won't draw G13 most likely so chances are i would draw A-22 or worst case i draw D-16 but lets say i draw A-22 when would i be able to get a D-16 OTC? is it the June date or is it after August?

also did D16 sell out last year before August? and did A-22 sell out before August?

Here is what you do. Put in your app as g13, a22. You should draw a22 if you dont get drawn for g13. After filling out your app buy your d16 otc as your second tag.

dano626 said:
Here is what you do. Put in your app as g13, a22. You should draw a22 if you dont get drawn for g13. After filling out your app buy your d16 otc as your second tag.

X2.

dano626 said:

never mind.... I forgot D16 went restricted

never mind.... I forgot D16 went restricted
[/quote]

The newest Big Game Digest 2015 is out and says that D16 is unrestricted for 2015?

Also i thought you had to be under a certain age to get a second deer tag application ?

When can we apply or start picking up our tags?

So I can do my first deer tag G13, A22, D12 and my second deer tag just D16 and I'll get that OTC and then wait on my draw results

Sweet thank for all the information guys i really appreciate..... hope i not being to annoying...... just doing my best to increase my odds this season

when can we get the application in and get OTC tags ? what are the dates? I'm excited already!!!!

Tried getting D16 as a second tag this morning. Says I cant as its restricted. Looked at the regs, sure enough its listed as restricted, but I could have swore that is was originally listed as unrestricted when the booklet first came out.

Really...this is right out of my booklet...

DEER TAG
CLASSIFICATION
CHANGES
For the 2015 Big Game Drawing, the following deer tags
have changed classifications. Please refer to Proposed
2015 Deer Hunt Charts on page 30 for more information.
• D6 becomes a Premium Deer Hunt (quota filled on
6/11/14 through the Big Game Drawing)
• A22 becomes a Premium Deer Hunt
(quota filled on 6/25/14)
• A19 becomes a Restricted Deer Hunt
(quota filled on 7/14/14)
• D16 becomes an Unrestricted Deer Hunt

just bought my d16 tag for my first tag, no problems. just a dumb noobie question. This allows me to hunt D16 during archery and general correct?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu