Dam LA schools

What are we missing? Your 17 yr old was talking about hunting and guns and got suspended for 2 days? Something don't sound right. Did he make some kind of threat?
They tossed the whole house? What does that mean?..... went through all of your stuff, looking for guns (like in the movies)? Did they make you open your safe?
At 17 (depending on the kid) I would think the kid would have the combo to the safe. To help get ready for hunting trips, etc.

This is just crazy!

Are we supposed lock up our kitchen knifes too?

Thanks for the heads up, I got a 1 and 3 yr old.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Unfortunately I've told my kids that all there lives to keep home Hobbys such as this to them selves. This just went a little to far a little too fast.

Thanks to all for your support.

What are we missing? Your 17 yr old was talking about hunting and guns and got suspended for 2 days? Something don't sound right. Did he make some kind of threat?
They tossed the whole house? What does that mean?..... went through all of your stuff, looking for guns (like in the movies)? Did they make you open your safe?
At 17 (depending on the kid) I would think the kid would have the combo to the safe. To help get ready for hunting trips, etc.

This is just crazy!

Are we supposed lock up our kitchen knifes too?

Thanks for the heads up, I got a 1 and 3 yr old.
it's unfortunate, but it's going to get worst. and we have to stay the course.

No threat made at all but 2 kids reported him talking about hunting and according to the school that translates into guns and violence. The 2 officers where sent to do a "threat assessment" they where nice and respectful but yes they tossed the whole house looking for guns that may be accessible to him. They even wanted all the airsofts and arrows in the safe. They did a warrant check on everyone in the house and ran every serial number on the guns. Took forever for that.

They were not nice and respectful, they pressed you into giving up your rights. They then dug all over your home looking for anything that they could arrest you for. they then inventoried your guns that are now stored on a database. Then they told you how to store your property in your home. i am not a lawyer but all of that sounds pretty fraked up

thank goodness you were not cleaning one of your guns when they came over, could have been bad.

sorry you had this happen, its sad what a pathetic place California has become.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I did not mean to say I agreed. Just the guys that happened to show up were not rude or on a power trip, just 2 guys fallowing orders. but yes it sucked big time The really stupid part is they gave me nearly 2 hours warning and told me what they were going to be looking for. I had lots of time to prepare.

Also all my sn#s are already in the data base due to previous vetting that has been done in my life.

Last edited:
Everyone at work thinks that I "hike" a lot (especially in the Fall and Spring). And in fact if I show them a picture of the sunrise then I have to say that I was "night hiking" - which they all think sounds cool.

Everyone at work thinks that I "hike" a lot (especially in the Fall and Spring). And in fact if I show them a picture of the sunrise then I have to say that I was "night hiking" - which they all think sounds cool.
me too, I tell all the non hunters I like to hike a lot. which is true. except I don't mention I LIKE TO HUNT.

It's good that you shared this story. Under no circumstances will I let the police into my home without a warrant. This is what happens when you let them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aeon

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu