Dansandiagos first Rabbit

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
After a Good day scouting for pheasant. We took a detour tried to take some rabbits at end of the day.
I missed am couple, Jason surfandhunt was with us today. Helping scout.
Ghost

Attachments

• IMG_20151107_151945.jpg
    IMG_20151107_151945.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 35
20b69e948d01a15073ed304a16245975.jpg

Had a productive scout at first.. found some tracks and then the roosters but they were hanging out near some row crops so probably a no go. Tried to get some pix of the roosters but they wouldn't pose for me. Ghost and Dan also found some birds at their spot. But then Dan got his rig stuck in the sand twice. Needed a tractor to pull him out the second time.

Great day! 12 hours of SCH fun. Wild pheasants jumping on hay bales and moving into the fields to hide. Euros kept taunting us to pull over and make them dinner. No fishing poles or we would have had some big cats from the canal. Learned not to drive the car on sand (twice). No quail but we could tell they were always close. Ghost took us to the rabbits and we each had some solid shots at jacks going 50mph (SurfNHuntSD passed on a small cotton and then I think I picked off that one, or a smaller one, a while latter).
My first wild game animal. Going to be a good appetizer tomorrow night!
Thanks for a great day SCH.

off topic but... is it required to wear that orange vest to hunt at IV ?
I will be there next couple days looking for upland game, any tip?

Almasy said:
off topic but... is it required to wear that orange vest to hunt at IV ?
I will be there next couple days looking for upland game, any tip?

No.....And I wouldn't wear one dove hunting for sure.....Not a bad idea, if you're in one the Heritage fields though.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu