Day packs

Dan86

Sep 21, 2013
I've been looking at day packs and I have narrowed it down to the Black Creeks Remedy 7 1500 Fix or the tenzing TZ2200. What are your guys thoughts and experiances with them?

I bought the Eberlestock h2 gunrunner recently on eBay. A little smaller than these, at about 1,400cc; the X2 is more comparable to what you've listed, but all I needed in a day pack was a compartment for a bladder and some food, a layer and a good scabbard with good access to my rifle. What are your objectives for this pack? That will guide your selection.

Sent via Tapatalk

With 8 waters plus my spotting scope and tripod, knife and food I almost forget I even have it on..

Tafthunter I just checked out the kuiu icon pro 1850 online. They look very nice, well built, compact and are not to pricy. Do they have a spot for a bladder in them?

Dan86 said:
Tafthunter I just checked out the kuiu icon pro 1850 online. They look very nice, well built, compact and are not to pricy. Do they have a spot for a bladder in them?
Also, Is there a scabbard? Just wondering if there is a hands-free way to carry rifle and/or bow.

Sent via Tapatalk

from my research, I am not a huge fan of the tenzing packs. I think they are way too over priced. Look at the the eberlestock "Just one series" or the kuiu packs. everything else seems too expensive or the quality just isn't there. the eberlestock "just one series" and the kuiu packs are very light weight, offer volume for day packs or over night stays and are a lot more practical for packing out game on long back country hunts. I am eventually going to go with one of these brands

Thanks everyon one for your great advise on the daypacks. I just found a good article on kuiu's blog about the icon pro 1850. For $150 more than the tenzing and blacks creek remedy 7 you get a full carbon frame pack that's compatable with all their other packs in the icon line and weighs only 3.9lbs with the frame included. I'm going to order one when I get back from my yearly fishing trip to the high sierras

Bonejour said:
Dan86 said:
Also, Is there a scabbard? Just wondering if there is a hands-free way to carry rifle and/or bow.

Sent via Tapatalk

Yes there is. And yes there is. You will be very happy with this pack.

Dan86 said:
Thanks everyon one for your great advise on the daypacks. I just found a good article on kuiu's blog about the icon pro 1850. For $150 more than the tenzing and blacks creek remedy 7 you get a full carbon frame pack that's compatable with all their other packs in the icon line and weighs only 3.9lbs with the frame included. I'm going to order one when I get back from my yearly fishing trip to the high sierras
Good choice!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu