deer herds down

I blame myself and mountain lions looks like we need to be able get Mountain lion tags again

Sdbirds said:
I blame myself and mountain lions looks like we need to be able get Mountain lion tags again

What's silly is that there are much fewer bighorn sheep in this state than mountain lions, yet bighorns are still managed to a point which allows for them to be hunted. This topic has been beat to death but how awesome would it be even if they opened a season on mountain lions and alotted a fews tags by drawing! Might be wishful thinking but who knows, they already hand out quite a few depredation permits throughout the state.....

Breacher said:
Sdbirds said:

What's silly is that there are much fewer bighorn sheep in this state than mountain lions, yet bighorns are still managed to a point which allows for them to be hunted. This topic has been beat to death but how awesome would it be even if they opened a season on mountain lions and alotted a fews tags by drawing! Might be wishful thinking but who knows, they already hand out quite a few depredation permits throughout the state.....

I could have killed 2 this year already this deer season 47yards 11 yards. I really want to be able to get a tag here

I hate lions i went to a spot where monsters have been killed by people i know hiked 6 miles on saturday didnt see a single deer could it be lions or no rut yet i blame lions they are destroying our deer herds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you know, I wrote to two local DFW biologist in regards to predation by dogs(coyotes). They both swore that the dogs where very little impact on fawn predation, & there was no statistical data to verify either way. however after reading the above info it states mountain lion, bear & coyotes are part of the reason for low deer numbers. plus the non native lice problem. wtf ? non native lice problem where did that come from? my point is I was trying to educate myself on why deer herds were so low. I am sure the last two years of drought is compounding the problem, plus the development of every F___ open land there is. I get pissed when I read this stuff. DFW is buying land backup & keeping the greedy developers from getting it. problem is most of it has been changed to anza borrego state park.

and yes there is way too many mountain lion, I see lots of tracks, scat & leftover kills. I run into them every year. Why in the hell would our politicians not let let us wear a F__ pistol during archery. If attacked. I know it's very very rare. never the less you have less than 2-3 minutes to thwart an attack or you are dead.

longbowhunter2 said:
and yes there is way too many mountain lion, I see lots of tracks, scat & leftover kills. I run into them every year. Why in the hell would our politicians not let let us wear a F__ pistol during archery. If attacked. I know it's very very rare. never the less you have less than 2-3 minutes to thwart an attack or you are dead.

one I saw grabbed a calf that weight200 lbs. probably I wouldn't of stood a chance. It was huge. Maybe try to stab it with your rages if I saw coming lol

longbowhunter2 said:

I personally think if a mountain lion wants to eat you.........its going to eat you and there isn't much you can do about it.

Breacher said:
longbowhunter2 said:

I personally think if a mountain lion wants to eat you.........its going to eat you and there isn't much you can do about it.
HAHAHA yes that's true ;D but I will give a hole before becoming a meal.

Breacher said:
longbowhunter2 said:

Agreed

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu