DEER SCENTS

I usually use scents toward the end of the season, especially estrus scents. I usualy use the moccasin joe's mule deer doe in heat scents. Only thing is you'll need to play the wind really well. I usually use it by putting the scents aound me and huning down wind of my blind, I usually have to use lts of cover scents to minimize my scent. When I see a bck they usually already see me so I try to be prepared for shot. At times I will also use rattle horns and a grunt tube which I used last year during the last day of the rifle season to take a small 3X2 on Palomar.

If its your first time using scents, I would set up by having the scents up wind and set up away from (70-100yards) out of the wind stream. That way it will give you much beter success and give you some time to take a shot. make sure to us plenty of cover scents also.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu