DFW Releases Wildlife Area Operational Changes for COVID-19

Does this mean if I enter the lottery for a Sunday at one WA that I cannot enter the drawing at another WA for the same sunday?
  • Hunters will be allowed to apply for a lottery or FCFS entry at only one state wildlife area or federal refuge per day

I've never been, I want to learn more

So much fun, it is kinda daunting to figure out the first time, at least it was for me, but actually pretty straight forward once you do it. There is a couple of threads you can learn from my mistakes from last year Learn your identification now, Steve is a master at it, amazing how he can pick them out at distance.

Reactions: DirtHunter
Does this mean if I enter the lottery for a Sunday at one WA that I cannot enter the drawing at another WA for the same sunday?
  • Hunters will be allowed to apply for a lottery or FCFS entry at only one state wildlife area or federal refuge per day

Jeremy,

No...This means only for sweat lines, where refuges are close together (all up north).

I saw where they're talking about using radio stations to keep everyone in their vehicles.while doing resi and lotto.
Its gonna be like drive in movies all over again.lol. great idea.

Reactions: jth
Jeremy,

No...This means only for sweat lines, where refuges are close together (all up north).
If I'm interpreting this correctly, this is for lotteries at all refuges. By "lottery" it means the non-reservation list that is drawn the day (or night before) the hunt. At most refuges up north, you have to apply in-person the night before. So, again, if I am interpreting this correctly, a hunter will only be allowed to apply at one refuge for the daily hunt lottery.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I've never been, I want to learn more
Me too, I was registered for CDFW's Waterfowl Advanced Hunter Ed course next month at San Jacinto W.A. but it was cancelled because of COVID :(. I think they offer it every year though.

• Wow
Reactions: THE_NEW_GUY

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu