Do gray fox have a season and can I shoot quail right now with a bow?

Randomshot said:
Yes and No.
Fox season opens Nov 24
Archery quail closed Sept 7

Can you shoot quail with a bow during the general season too?

Randomshot said:
Yes and No.
Fox season opens Nov 24
Archery quail closed Sept 7

Bummer I had a few mt quail lined up and countless valley. Glad I passed on the fox he was following me then sat down and stared at 27 yards. I went full draw and let him live because I wasn't sure. I didn't have to much time he only stared at me or 3 or 4 mins lol he's a lucky gray. When dose quail open with a bow ?

Archery quail opened Aug 18 and you can shoot them with a bow during the general quail season. The dates can be found here https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=54321&inline=1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu