do you think deer hunting in SoCal is for the lazy man..???

ultimatedude

Aug 9, 2012
Burbank
was chatting with some people at the local tavern and was told that deer hunting in SoCal is for lazy people...that i just sit in a stand and shoot the deer coming by...nothing challenging or strenuous ...i was like r u kidding me..i have to hike up and down some crazy terrain to hopefully see some deer...some people have no clue....

Your absolutely right, some people haven't got a clue.
Ive been told (I DON'T LIKE CALIFORNIA DEER THEY TASTE LIKE SAGE). F&%K Ive never had beef that taste like corn.

just a note on the beef thing...just a few nights ago my girlfriend cooked up some beef steak she got a deal on ...as we were eating it we both said almost simultaneously this tastes weird...LOL its been awhile since we had beef...usually its always venison...!!!

Deer hunting in san diego is definatley not for the lazy you hike miles in for a glimpse of a deer and if you shoot one it has small antlers but you will always have memories of the hunt i hunted 60 hours last year before i shot my first deer a small forkie

Man U hunt all over this county it's unforgiving country. If your not in shape or ready to do things that seem just playing not possible i don't think your going to be very successful Public land at least

:mad: :mad: :mad: some people dont know what the hell theyre talking about! :mad: i hunted my ass off this weekend in the snow and rain, only to see spikes and does! AND!!!, some peolpe still have the nerve to say, "U didnt kill anything?!" They watch all these tv shows where the deer show up as soon as u get to ur spot and get killed. Well it aint that way here! :mad: :mad: 8) 8)

Ive been hiking all over the place this season and all Ive seen are does and birds. I did see a nice big legal buck but he was on private land... go figure. It does get a little frustrating but I still wont give up until I find a nice buck or until the season is over. Whoever said its for the lazy have not been in our backcountry during the hunting season.

clearly you guys might be doing it wrong.......i do not work hard, just saying :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu