Does anyone hunt in Los Padres National Forest?

Hey marella31 couple of things you need to do before you can start hunting. Also these things might help you find places to hunt and what is or are legal means of take.

1) Have you taken a Hunter Safety course? This is required in California in order to buy a Hunting License.
2) Read the 2012 F&G regulations, you can read them off of the main site of SCH. There are a lot of rules in California, reading the regulations will help you from getting in a bad situation with the F&G. (It's much cheaper to know the regs)

If you are taking rabbits and squirrels the .22 and the 12 gauge both will work.
For me which one I would choose would depend on the terrain I would be hunting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu