Dog bit by a rattlesnake

Snake Charmer, for down the road! What is earliest age you would recommend to have avoidance training ?
I agree that if you have a field dog to get it done ! The lab I have now was trained at 2 years. Still to this day if she sees anything that resembles a buzz worm she slows way down and gives it good look, not too close, before proceeding .
Several years ago she spotted one in the dark as I was pulling decoy cart. She stopped right in my path. I was telling her to get out of the way when I finally realized what she was doing !

Snake Charmer, for down the road! What is earliest age you would recommend to have avoidance training ?
I agree that if you have a field dog to get it done ! The lab I have now was trained at 2 years. Still to this day if she sees anything that resembles a buzz worm she slows way down and gives it good look, not too close, before proceeding .
Several years ago she spotted one in the dark as I was pulling decoy cart. She stopped right in my path. I was telling her to get out of the way when I finally realized what she was doing !
He trained mine at a little over a year and again at a little over 2 best money I have spent on the dog.

Si
Six months is as early as you want to go, The pup needs to be through its fear periods before you do something like this so as not to cause any possible lasting side affects.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu