Dogs fight back

Till it's duck season I have lots of time :)

Smoked a small one tonight when I went up to check my cams. Seems I have a few more to deal with
7c61501c.jpg

Dog food........

You can use bait on nongame coyotes as long as you don't use dogs to chase them.

Been busy a lot but here we go.

First up thanks to all the brave men and women that fight for us. To my friend SSGT Canon this dogs for you. I'm posting this sitting in a hide high on a hill

Have not had to much time to shoot the AR but I switched from the fiocchi to the hornady 32gr vmax. It's just silly accurate. Reloading is going to be hard to do with factory ammo like this. 5 shot group with a hot barrel rapid fire.
9741f68b.jpg

Got up to my local place a tad late. Walked the short ways to my ridge that over looks two valleys. Gave a quick bark and a female in heat howl. This guy popped his head up at 300 yards and ran full speed up the hill. I lost sight of him at 200 yards so I tucked into a ball and waited for him to clear the brush. At 100 yards he cleared stopped and took the 32 gr pill that at 100 yards is still doing almost 3800 fps. Death was instant and damage massive.
26a37717.jpg

Spectacular performance and very strong work from behind the trigger. Hats off Bill and thanks for the great photos.

what? i posted two more dogs i put down for naps in the other thread. I am a duck hunter not a coyote killer.......

I will admit that I have had more fun than I thought I would shooting dogs. What started as a preditor control mission to help the deer where I bow hunt has turned into a new hobby :) it's also my first high precision rifle. I have had a couple ar15's and other hunting rifles but nothing close to my Carey AR. Cutting squeaks in half at 250+ yards is fun......

You may be a duck hunter or a deer hunter but all of us that like to hunt other animals more than coyotes , should still get out and try to take control of the varmint coyotes. If we don't there may not be as many of our beloved game species out there due to fawns and bird eggs being eaten and destroyed by the coyotes and other varmints. Also a GREAT reason to just get out and do some hunting in the summer months when the real season has yet to kick off, keep our skills sharp.

I don't know how I missed these pic's but Wow! A nice buck and 5 yotes in one picture. Kill the rest of those yotes yet ? Can't wait to see another picture of that buck too.

next time you see that buck should be with a hole in him :) Got one with a palm-mated drop tine that is wandering around too...... more to come.

Bill

ps the coyotes are playing hard to get the lil fuggers

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu