Doing my part...predator control

xjon

Jul 26, 2014
Sun rising, used rabbit distress calls. Buddy and I saw about 4-5 going in all directions. None stopped. Closest they got was maybe 75yards. After a few minutes of waiting about to give up hope I remember a post here about using pup distress (thanks for that). The call brought back a pair which my buddy was eyeing the one far away and I had this one come in to the call and stopped 50 yards away. He dropped right on the spot.

He was so close that it surprised my friend. Took awhile to find entry wound (right shoulder base if neck). We actually joked saying I missed and the coyote had a heart attack. No exit wound.

Barnes 62gr TSX f14678b445d2efcc37ab35e200d0a72c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I like your camo. Lower half looks like the ground and upper looks like those desert shrubs behind you. Was that your plan?

No plan. Was layered for the cold and i threw on every thing i had.

Reactions: WaterDawg
Congrats thanks for doing your part keeping the fawn killers in check!

Yup, that's a healthy looking dog. Congrats, keep up the good work.

Tough evening hunt. Hardly saw anything until the last 2 stands.

2nd to last had a couple pair of eyes come in but stayed far down wind. Couldn’t tell what they were. Desert kit foxes in the neighborhood so no shot.

Last stand had a fox come in but it didnt hang around. It just kept going about its business. I ended the calling and was thinking if I should hang for the moon rise then these eyes came around. Thought it was another kit fox but once I got clear view of face and body I dropped her at 75 yards. The way she was walking I dont think she was called-in.
02a34913a02e775e1eae2644df2b86f6.jpg

DANG you! Another one! I was about to ask how your night went. Congrats again!

Especially the clip fed full-semi automatic ones.

Reactions: WaterDawg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu