Doing OLD ONE EYE First Euro

Cali Ridge Runner

Nov 25, 2012
San Diego
First time doing a Euro.. so far so good. Should be able to bleach by the end of the week. No pressure washer just been simmer, scrub brush , long tweezers and repeat. Fixed the hole I shot through his horn with a two part epoxy. Came out ok I guess..... I'll sand it and try and make some of the natural texture look better with some exacto blades? Then paint the horn after. Will see how he turns out. I wanted to do a shoulder mount but his cape was so jacked up. Didnt get a new cape this year during rifle. May be A22 will see. Till then he will look nice as a Euro.8E079B31-ACA6-493C-B53D-F471CB709945.jpeg579B0222-9CD0-4776-99A6-E7E7E5A2F05D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good! Good job.

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner
First time doing a Euro.. so far so good. Should be able to bleach by the end of the week. No pressure washer just been simmer, scrub brush , long tweezers and repeat. Fixed the hole I shot through his horn with a two part epoxy. Came out ok I guess..... I'll sand it and try and make some of the natural texture look better with some exacto blades? Then paint the horn after. Will see how he turns out. I wanted to do a shoulder mount but his cape was so jacked up. Didnt get a new cape this year during rifle. May be A22 will see. Till then he will look nice as a Euro.View attachment 47015View attachment 47016
Should come out great! I remember that buck when you posted him...Man he was beat up...An old soldier for sure.

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner
Too late now, but I think I would've left that hole in the antler...Great conversation piece... :blush:
That was the plan to leave it, but..... when I boned him out and went to twist the head off I grabbed above the hole and actually snapped his antler completely off ! He became a 1x3 in front of my eyes lol had to epoxy the antler back on and fill in all the missing antler chunks. Still a conversation piece as my repair is amateur at best. Im sure some will ask lol My grand daughter asked me this week why I shoot Reindeer and chop their heads off. Had to have the talk with her lol

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu