Dove Layout Blind

I understand the heat could become an issue but, If I could install a small air conditioning system near my feet to circulate cool air throughout the blind it could revolutionize the way we hunt doves.

You are way over complicating this, My best suggestion is get together with someone that has done this before and have them teach you (onsite) and learn the simple protocol and practices associated with how to hunt a dove field and or attend a cdfw dove seminar as well as study online the area's available that you live near along with bird identification which is simple. Dove are easy, just do some home work...

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
At plaster city we use pit blinds for dove

You are way over complicating this, My best suggestion is get together with someone that has done this before and have them teach you (onsite) and learn the simple protocol and practices associated with how to hunt a dove field and or attend a cdfw dove seminar as well as study online the area's available that you live near along with bird identification which is simple. Dove are easy, just do some home work...
Hold on, I haven’t even gotten to the best part yet. Imagine mounting a Mojo decoy on top of the layout blind so its hovering right above your head. Now if you tell me doves swarming yer face at the crack of dawn isn’t an adrenaline rush then I don’t know what is.

I understand the heat could become an issue but, If I could install a small air conditioning system near my feet to circulate cool air throughout the blind it could revolutionize the way we hunt doves.
The heat will be an issue 109 degrees. Get your bucket and find some shade, like the rest of us. BE SAFE

The heat will be an issue 109 degrees. Get your bucket and find some shade, like the rest of us. BE SAFE
I’m guessing you didn’t read the part about installing an air conditioning system.

that works for private property, not allowed on public.
@longbowhunter2 i checked with Edgar at the plastercity check station and he says as long as they are clearly marked with used naty light cans they are good to go.

How man of you are going to the blind clean up day at PC on the 7th?

you said that you cant use pit blinds on public land....... Edgar at the Plaster city wildlife management area says we can
Well Bill I was mistaken , I am glad to hear it...
tell us more about these blinds bro...

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu