Dove Opener Report

Captchrome

Aug 28, 2013
Limits of WhiteWings and morning doves for 4 people plus 27 Euros. The corn field was holding. Moved to a feed lot and added another 17 Euros with the afternoon hunt still to come. 104 in El Centro at last check.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    816.7 KB · Views: 18
SW Riverside county got hit with 2 big storms over the last 48. Hot and humid. Enough to eat some poppers though!
null_zps2ff2b04f.jpg

CA side of Havasu had lots of rain... rained most of the night before opening day. Dove were not out at all! Only got one dove.... oh well. had fun out with my dog and saw some amazing sunrises and sunsets out in the desert!

stm2727 said:
CA side of Havasu had lots of rain... rained most of the night before opening day. Dove were not out at all! Only got one dove.... oh well. had fun out with my dog and saw some amazing sunrises and sunsets out in the desert!

I have seen good #'s of birds across from site six. I'm guessing you would have to get permission from the Reservation over there.

fordfan1 said:
8steeltown- What all do you put in and on your poppers they look delicious!

They were AWESOME! I stole a recipe from someone on here (maybe SDBirds). I filet'd them off the bone and soaked them in Italian Dressing, Frank's Hot Sauce, and some spices for about an hour in the fridge. Little bit of panko bread crumbs. Wrapped them in half pieces of bacon with a chunk of jalapeño. My wife whipped up a dipping sauce of sour cream, cream cheese, fresh bacon bits, chives, and some spices. 4 minutes on each side and just a quick minute on the edges and they were just about medium rare. Gobbled those little bites up with the quickness!!!

That's different then SDbirds recipe but it sure sounds great. I thought I saw eggs in there ha ha I guess not. That sauce on top looks good too. I soaked mine in milk then did the jalapeno+onion thing wrapped in bacon and took lungpoppers suggestion and used montreal steak seasoning(great idea). Topped mine with some jalapeno jelly that I've never tried and it turned out bomb.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu