Drew Ford 2 day trip on the New Lo Ann

fordfan1

Sep 5, 2012
San Diego
So story all starts with the counts going off the charts with limits of blue fin earlier this season including some one landing one that weighted in at 182lbs within one day range. To say the least the expectations were high. Then we get to the dock Friday night and our boat earlier that day landed a 115lb marlin which we saw getting weighed out just as we showed up. Everyone was really excited to get on the boat and leave so we got all loaded up, got bait, and started heading south.
First day of fishing only produced one blue fin if I remember right. Kinda a let down but we did jump from patty to patty and everyone limited on small yellow tail so at least we were bringing home something to eat. Capt Marcus heard from other boats that the big blue fin were biting far north west of us so all afternoon and night we motored into 10ft swells which messed up not only my stomach but a number of peoples also.
Day two were fishing blue fin or bust and going for trophies at that. Slowly but surly one by one we hooked a couple of beauties. It wasn't easy fishing by any means but it was worth it when you hooked into one of these monsters. I was getting bummed because I hadn't hooked one yet. But sure enough right before we were ready to leave, after a really long soak, I hooked up on my biggest tuna ever. After 30 minutes and 1.5 laps around the boat I landed a 62lb blue fin. It made my trip. Food was awesome. Crew was great. Ended the trip with 181 yellow tail with two good size ones in there, 3 dorado, and 13 blue fin for 22 people. All in all I had a great weekend and brought back enough fish for a long time.

Attachments

• P1020828.JPG
    P1020828.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 23
  • P1020835.JPG
    P1020835.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 89
Sweet dude. The New Lo-an is one of the best boats in the fleet, IMO. I went out last year for an overnight. When we hit the bait dock Marcus jumped down and started personally inspecting it. He rejected the bait in the first two pens, until finally they showed him the good stuff.

Next day, we were half limited for bluefin and dorado on a full boat. At 2 pm we started the long ride home and the deckhands started cleaning fish. Hours later, when the fish was all cleaned and bagged and the deckhands had just finished hosing and scrubbing the deck, the engine revved down. Marcus came on the PA and said, "We got a couple of paddies up here, next ones up on the troll go ahead and put a few jigs out." Gotta love that guy, we're motoring home, cleaned up and half full and he still wants to put lines out; he loves to hunt fish. Class act.

SWEET HAT MAN

Do I have anything of yours. O wait yes I'd hate for that trail camera to go missing. I'm sure some bacon wrapped bluefin will make sure that doesn't happen

way to go buddy!!! wish i couldve made it, but maybe next year! ill help u get ur trail cam back from johnny if some of that bluefin hits my freezer ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

Sdbirds said:
SWEET HAT MAN

Do I have anything of yours. O wait yes I'd hate for that trail camera to go missing. I'm sure some bacon wrapped bluefin will make sure that doesn't
happen
Lol johnny

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu