Dripping Springs area off 79 S

outdoordave

Jul 5, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Alright, got some time to "Kill" next Tuesday/Wendsday looking at the quadra and google earth says there may be some good area to hunt. Looking for rabbits while scouting for deer. Looks like there is a road by the fire station. Also some area behind it. Trying to stay out of res land and private. Does anyone know the best way into this area or if I'd be wasting my time. Feel free to PM if you've got any intel on it. Thanks

that area is not far from me and I have driven thru there a few times in route to other areas to scout. There is alot of private land in that area, such as horse ranches, retreats...etc; I would be careful in that area. If you head further down the 79 to at least the Oak Grove area (still alot of private land without hiking) you will be better served IMO.

Do you live in the Temecula area?

Thanks BowHunter, I am in the West Murrieta area. I drive out 79 to get to Julian and that area for turkey and other upland game. I've seen Oak Grove a million times and if memory serves correctly there are turkey by there. However, if it's the one I'm thinking of they are usually pretty tatered looking... Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

One can get up on Palamar Mt from Oak Grove. The other side of the road is all private land around the camp ground..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu